Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Mommy's so funny!"

So we started talking to Ainsley about the baby coming. We say things like "There's a baby in Mommy's tummy!" Every time we say things like that Ainsley looks at "Mommy's" tummy and starts laughing hysterically and says "Mommy's so funny!" She thinks it's the most amusing thing she's heard. We can't help but laugh with her. Guess she'll find out some day.

I keep wondering how Ainsley will react to having this baby at home all of a sudden - a baby that will not go away. She sees babies all around at our Church and at the park or a friend's baby will be at our house during a visit. Ainsley will watch me holding a baby and she's fine with it but then the baby goes "away" and life is normal again. This baby coming in December is not going away... ever. This should prove interesting for Ainsley.

People say at this age Ainsley will adapt and forget quickly what life was like before the baby. But then there's just the daily routine that I know will be effected by the baby - the wake up routine, nap times, reading time, eating, snuggling, bedtime routing... all of this, every aspect, will be effected by the baby. How can that not effect Ainsley? What can I do to balance things and help her feel just as involved as she's ever been?

There's so much to think about. Part of me worries, another part of me feels like I need to let it go and know that I will have what has always worked for me - my mother's instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment