Thursday, April 21, 2011

Are we having fun yet? 8 weeks (caution: TMI)

CAUTION - serious complaining is being had in this post.

Today's my 8-week mark. The last 4-weeks have been hard. I feel like it's harder this time then when I was pregnant with Ainsley. The exhaustion is overwhelming at times. I have almost no energy to keep up with the daily household chores. Ryan actually broke down and cleaned the toilet the other day - that just makes it totally obvious to me how horrible things are getting. Some days are better than others when it comes to energy. I'll have spurts and I try to jump on them but then 30-minutes into it I'm done. I mean D.O.N.E. The nausea also has taken a toll. I remember this from before - this love-hate relationship with food. I love it when I'm eating it but hate it after and I feel sick. Or I haven't eaten enough and feel sick but not interested in eating to help myself. Okay, so this may be TMI so just skip to the next paragraph if you're not up to a frank conversation about poop... I have the worst constipation. I am taking a regimen of Miralax, Colace, flax-seed oil pills, and high fiber breakfast along with tons of fruits and veggies but nothing works. So horribly uncomfortable. My doctor gave me great news that no, this may just last my entire pregnancy. Ha!

Last time I was working a full-time job running around a 200+ mile radius area visiting with families and working in my office 45 minutes away from home. I was moving around like crazy. This time I'm home with a toddler who does keep me on my toes but I don't feel like I'm quite as busy and active as I was before - so shouldn't I be able to manage this better? I kept thinking this would be much better since I'm at home and can lay on the floor and dump snacks in the middle of the floor for Ainsley to eat. But no, I feel like it's worse this time. I think I'm just older - I'm getting too old for this. And to think we'd like to do this one more time. I'm almost tempted to be done.

OK, the complaining ends here (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment